Tearfund Ireland’s aim in Yemen is to respond to the Cholera outbreak by delivering medicines and safe water, hygiene and sanitation supplies. Working with local Yemeni partners who facer fewer constraints, and have better access, we are distributing much needed medicines to medical centres identified by local authorities.
KEY OUTCOMES DURING 2017/2018
- 72,000 sachets of Oral Rehydration Salts were provided.
- 17,488 kg of essential medicines and medical supplies were provided for the treatment of acute diarrhoea and cholera.
- The number of cases had been decreasing for over 18 consecutive weeks at the time of reporting.
- 8 health facilities received medicines and medical supplies
- Access to essential and life-saving medicines was increased.