- What We Do
- Who We Are
- The Results
- Get Involved
- Donate Now
Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin Resources
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin December 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin November 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin October 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin September 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin August 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin July 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin June 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin May 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin April 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin March 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin February 2016.pdf
- Tearfund Monthly Prayer Bulletin January 2016.pdf
Fifth anniversary of the ongoing conflict in Syria
The conflict in Syria has been going on since the Arab Spring uprisings of 2011. The conflict is now in its sixth year, with no end in sight. The situation has deteriorated into a humanitarian crisis on a global scale, has spilled into neighbouring countries and even European ones, and has become a threat to
international stability, due to its complex social, political, economic and religious dimensions.
Tearfund Ireland has been working through local partners with the aim of meeting the humanitarian needs of people affected by the conflict in Syria. Focus has been on: food assistance though cash, food parcels or vouchers; provision of essential non-food items (NFIs) such as cooking utensils, bedding etc.
Join us in praying for this ongoing conflict.
- LIGHT FOR SYRIA – Written_Prayers
- SENDING LOVE TO SYRIA – Childrens Activity
- LIGHT FOR SYRIA – prayer with images
A prayer for peace in Syria
Almighty God, we pray that peace talks for Syria will take place without delay or hindrance. We ask that these talks will lead towards a stable and secure future for the Syrian people, in which they can rebuild their lives without fear. We pray for a time to come soon when the weapons of war will be exchanged for positive plans for restored and thriving communities. Please help those involved to do everything in their power to find a path to lasting peace. Amen.
More church and individual prayer resources for Syria Peace Talks.
South Sudan Crisis Prayer
We’re praying for peace to come quickly to South Sudan following the recent outbreak of violence there.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the many people who are fearing for their lives, and those who have left their homes or lost loved ones in the last few days because of the ethnic unrest and fighting.
South Sudan is one of the world’s poorest countries and there are many people who need our help. We have been providing clean water and safe sanitation, and helping people to grow food for their families and to sell to others.
Please pray for peace to come soon.
What you can do
Never has the church needed to gather together more urgently than today to pray – to call on God to come, to bring justice, to bring comfort and healing, and for us to actually not just offer up the prayer, but to become the prayer. Tim Hughes, musician.
- Commit to praying individually or get involved with one of our prayer groups. Sign up to our emails or Facebook to keep informed.
- Get your friends and your church involved – see if you can get them to pray for global issues as part of their regular meetings.
There are lots of ideas and resources here to help you.
- If your church already has a local prayer group then just sign up to our emails or Facebook to keep informed.
- Sign up to our regular email or join us on Facebook for up-to-date news.
- Download prayer resources (films and powerpoints) which you can use to inspire you.
- Visit Tearfund UK’s Prayer Site for the latest news & updates
- Visit 24-7prayer, an incredible prayer initiative which inspires churches around the world to pray.
Come with us on a prayer journey which will completely change how you pray for global issues.