Hear it first:

Updates from around the world direct to your inbox

No, thanks

News : News Article

Malawi HIV Fund

Malawi HIV Fund – 30 Jan 2012

In Malawi, one in five children born to a HIV-positive mother is infected – a death sentence at birth. However, child and maternal mortality can be reduced dramatically with a number of low-cost interventions.

Tearfund and its local partners are mobilising church and communities in rural Malawi to stop AIDS together.Irish Aid, a department within the Irish government, has awarded Tearfund Ireland a grant in recognition of our expertise and accountability in this area. This covers 72 per cent of the cost of the HIV project in Malawi but the remaining 28 per cent (€30,000) is still needed to enable this vital work to go ahead.

One child is born with HIV every minute. It doesn’t have to be this way.

Could you help save a child’s life? Click here to give today

Page 1 of 1 pages